Cellular communication services under the Vodafone trademark in Ukraine are provided by a partner of Vodafone Group plc, VF Ukraine PrJSC (until April 26, 2010 Ukrainian Mobile Communications CJSC, until May 27, 2017 MTS Ukraine PrJSC) is a telecommunications company, the first mobile operator that entered the Ukrainian market.
- JSC "Ukrtelecom", Ukraine, 51% of shares;
- TDC, Denmark, 16.3% of shares;
- Royal KPN NV, the Netherlands, 16.3% of the shares;
- Deutsche Telekom, Germany, 16.3% of the shares. [ Source not specified 3923 days ]
- Mobile TeleSystems, Russia, 99% of shares.
- PTT Telecom Kiev, a subsidiary of MTS, 1% of the shares. [ Source not specified 3923 days ]
- MTS OJSC (Russia), 100% shares directly.
MTS PJSC (through Preludium BV) - 100% of the shares.
NEQSOL Holding (through Preludium BV) - 100% of the shares.
- Olga Ustinova (since January 1, 2016)
- Oleg Prozhivalsky, and. about. CEO (September 2011), and then CEO (September 2015 - December 2015)
- Ivan Zolochevsky (September 2011 - September 2015)
- Vasil Latsanich, (from March to September 2011)
- Andrey Dubovskov (February 2008 - March 2011)
- Pavel Pavlovsky (April 2007 - January 2008)
- Adam Wojacki (October 2005 - March 2007)
- Eric Franke (Hendricus Johannes Franke / Hendricus Johannes Franke / Eric Franke / Erik Franke) (June 2001 - October 2005)
- Alexander Sklyarov, I. about. gene. Director (August 2000 - June 2001)
- Martin Dirks (July 1996 - August 2000)
- Hans Wagenaar (1994 - July 1996)
- Werner Shriver (1992 - 1994)
- November 11, 1992 - Pechersk District Executive Committee of Kyiv registers a joint Ukrainian-German-Dutch-Danish enterprise "Ukrainian Mobile Communications" in Ukraine. OKPO/EDRPOU code 14333937. The company receives a license for mobile communications and frequencies.
- 1992, end of the year - delivery to Ukraine of the first switch and 6 base stations, manufactured by Nokia (Finland) to deploy the network of the NMT-450i standard.
- July 1, 1993 - commercial launch of the first cellular communication network in Ukraine operating in the analog NMT standard. The network is built on the basis of Nokia switches (served Kyiv) and Hans Damm (million cities). The first call was made by the first President of Ukraine Leonid Kravchuk, calling the Ambassador of Ukraine to Germany Ivan Piskov.
- 1994 - in addition to Kyiv, the NMT network covers the cities of Sevastopol, Simferopol, Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk, Odessa, Lvov.
- 1995 - launch of a network in the cities of Zaporozhye, Uzhgorod, Nikolaev, Lugansk, Rivne, Kherson. The number of subscribers is 14 thousand.
- 1996 - NMT network covered all regional centers. The number of subscribers is 30 thousand.
- September 1997 — UMC created the first cellular communication network in Ukraine operating in the GSM-900 digital standard. The network is built on Siemens equipment.
- November 1998 — the number of UMC subscribers exceeded 100,000.
- March 1999 — UMC was the first in the Ukrainian market to provide a prepaid SIM-SIM communication service.
- Summer 1999 - UMC and SIM-SIM websites are launched.
- August 2000 - WAP service provided. The first WAP-portal in Ukraine wap://prostir.com was opened
- February 2001 — UMC created a cellular communication network operating in the GSM-1800 digital standard.
- February 2001 — the number of UMC subscribers exceeded 500 thousand.
- January 2002 — the number of UMC subscribers exceeded 1 million.
- March 2003 - MTS acquires a 57.7% stake in UMC.
- July 2003 - MTS acquires 16.3% of the shares owned by the Danish company TDC and becomes 100% owner of UMC.
- October 18, 2004 — the company was reorganized from JV "UMS" into CJSC "UMS".
- July 2005 — the number of UMC subscribers exceeded 10 million.
- August 2006 — from August 31, 2006 UMC ceases to provide services in the analog NMT-450 standard.
- January 2007 — the number of UMC subscribers exceeded 20 million.
- July 25, 2007 — the company stops using its UMC brand and starts providing services on the market under the MTS brand.
- October 2009 - the company, together with the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and with the participation of the UN Office in Ukraine, launches the Mobile Medicine project, which is designed to improve the level of medical services through the introduction of modern telecommunication technologies.
- April 26, 2010 - the company was reorganized from UMS CJSC into MTS-Ukraine PrJSC.
- In 2012, a large 3-year network modernization program was launched in the context of preparations for the construction of a 3G network.
- In 2013, MTS Ukraine is celebrating the 20th anniversary of mobile communications in Ukraine, launching Mobile Library projects in million-plus cities and a program to collect used batteries Throw It Right. A large-scale modernization of the network is underway.
- August 6, 2014 - MTS Ukraine stops working in the Republic of Crimea due to its accession to the Russian Federation. The equipment and switches become the property of K-Telecom LLC.
- February 23, 2015 — MTS Ukraine received a license for 3G radio frequencies using UMTS-2100 technology.
- October 16, 2015 — MTS-Ukraine and the British operator Vodafone entered into an agreement, according to which MTS received the right to use the Vodafone brand in Ukraine. Rebranding announced. In November, tariffs under the Vodafone brand were introduced. The website "Vodafone Ukraine" - http://vodafone.ua - has been launched.
- 2016 was marked by the construction of a 3G network according to Vodafone standards: at the end of the year, high-speed mobile Internet became available to more than 54% of Ukrainian residents. 22 rebranded stores have been opened to meet Vodafone's global service standards. The company launched a number of innovative services: Vodafone TV for watching TV channels, Vodafone Books for reading e-books and Vodafone Music for listening to music.
- May 23, 2017 — the company was reorganized from PrJSC MTS Ukraine into PrJSC VF Ukraine.
- March 30, 2018 — 4G (LTE) network was launched in the 2600 MHz band.
- July 1, 2018 — the launch of the 4G (LTE) network in the 1800 MHz band took place.
- December 3, 2019 — An agreement was signed between MTS PJSC and the Neqsol Holding group (Azerbaijan). Despite the change of ownership, the company continues to provide services under the Vodafone brand under a strategic partnership agreement with the international Vodafone group.
- On January 20, 2020, Vodafone launched a network for the Internet of Things into commercial operation. The deployment of NB-IoT technology is based on the LTE network, which means a high standard of security for users and partners.
- March 3, 2020 Vodafone Ukraine extended the cooperation agreement with Vodafone Group for 5 years.
As of January 1, 2020:
Vodafone Ukraine is a leading Ukrainian telecom company that provides 3G and 4G high-speed Internet services. Vodafone's investments during the period of active construction of high-speed Internet networks in 2015-2019 reached a record figure in the market of UAH 24.5 billion. Today, Vodafone provides 3G coverage for 86% of Ukrainians, and 4G for more than 66% of the country's residents.
Record-breaking investments allowed us to secure technological leadership and develop new technological services — the Internet of Things (IoT), technologies and solutions for Smart City, big data analytics, Mobile ID, Fintech services, cloud services. In Ukraine, Vodafone services are used by 19.8 million customers.
Vodafone Ukraine has 4 network codes - 50, 66, 95, 99.
Historically, code 50 was introduced first, all contract subscribers and Sim-Sim subscribers had this code. Codes 66 and 99 were originally allocated to subscribers of the youth-oriented Jeans brand. Code 95 was used to expand the number of available Sim-Sim brand numbers. Subsequently, part of the 99 code numbers were allocated to subscribers of the Ekotel virtual brand.
At the moment, due to the exhaustion of the capacities of individual codes and the possibility of prepaid subscribers switching to a contract form, as well as the possibility of changing the operator, it is not possible to uniquely identify the type of Vodafone subscriber only by the network code.
High speed 3G/4G internet
The operator provides 3G and 4G high-speed Internet services.
In November 2007, MTS Ukraine launched the MTS Connect 3G service. For this, an old license for NMT communication in the 450 MHz band was used. The new 3G network was deployed using CDMA EV-DO Rev. A. Some areas have launched CDMA EV-DO Rev. Q. In this network, the company provides only data services, voice services are not provided.
On February 23, 2015, MTS-Ukraine received licenses for communication in the UMTS (3G) standard in the radio frequency bands 1950-1965/2140-2155. Until the end of the year, the company covered 19 regional centers of Ukraine with a 3G network: Kyiv, Uzhgorod, Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Chernivtsi, Odessa, Kherson, Lutsk, Chernigov, Nikolaev, Sumy, Poltava, Kirovograd, Dnepropetrovsk, Rivne, Vinnitsa, Khmelnitsky, Ternopil and Kharkiv
In 2018, tenders were held for 4G frequencies: in February for 2.6 GHz frequencies, in March for 1.8 GHz frequencies. Also received a 4G 900 MHz license in June 2020. The first launch of a 4G network at a frequency of 2.6 GHz took place on March 30, 2018, and on July 1, the launch of a network at a frequency of 1.8 GHz began. At the end of 2019, Vodafone provided 3G coverage for 86% of Ukrainian residents, and 4G coverage for more than 66% of the country's residents.
Standard Range Frequency, MHz From subscriber To subscriber
|LTE||1800 MHz (Band 3)||1750-1770||1845-1865|
|2600 MHz (Band 7)||2510-2520||2630-2640|
The operator also provided communication services under the brands Jeans (until 2006 - Jeans) and Ecotel (until 2009), and since 2015 - Yezzz.
Virtual GSM-operator launched jointly with Fozzy Group. Launched on November 24, 2015, after rebranding the main network to Vodafone.
Until July 25, 2007, it was the main brand for contract subscribers, and was replaced by the Russian brand MTS.
According to the Ukrainian business weekly "Contracts", the value of the UMC brand in 2007 amounted to 2352.715 million dollars - the 2nd position in the rating.
For the use of the MTS brand, the owner of the AFK Sistema brand introduced an annual fee, which for MTS OJSC amounted to:
- 2006 - $9.7 million
- 2007 - $14.5 million
- 2008 - $14.7 million.
UMS CJSC, as a subsidiary of MTS OJSC, after rebranding, also began to pay its part of the brand fee - about $5 million a year.
Under the SIM-SIM brand, UMC offered a prepaid mobile communication service (without contracts and bills).
After the rebranding in 2007, the brand was liquidated. At the time of liquidation, the number of SIM-SIM subscribers was about 9.5 million.
Virtual GSM operator of economy class. Market launch date: February 15, 2007. After the rebranding in 2007, it remained on the market.
In two weeks after the appearance, about 27 thousand subscribers connected to it.
Numbered containers: +380-99-1хх-хх-хх and +380-99-6хх-хх-хх.
On March 6, 2009, the Ecotel brand was liquidated, and the transition to the tariff plans of the MTS Prepayment brand became available to its subscribers.
Virtual GSM operator of youth preference. Market launch date August 1, 2003.
- As of March 1, 2007, Jeans had 9,791,551 subscribers.
- In 2008, MTS-Ukraine integrated the Jeans brand into a single MTS brand.
Operator awards and nominations
In 2005, UMC was named one of the best companies in Ukraine (TOP 100, Investgazeta), the most effective brand in Ukraine (Guardia 500, Contracts) and the most inspiring company in Ukraine (Companies that inspire, Companion).
Winner of the International festival-competition "Choice of the Year" in Ukraine in the nomination "Mobile Operator" in 2003, 2004 and 2005.
Employees noted at the state level
Oleksandr Leonidovich Kholin, engineer of the Ukrainian Mobile Communications enterprise - by Decree of the President of Ukraine Leonid Kuchma No. 1058/95 dated 11/16/1995, for a significant personal contribution to providing consumers with communication facilities and services, high professionalism was awarded the honorary title "Honored Worker of the Service Sector of Ukraine".
Martin Dirks, Director General of the Ukrainian-German-Dutch-Danish joint venture "Ukrainian Mobile Communications" - by Decree of the President of Ukraine Leonid Kuchma No. 1365/2000 dated 21.12.2000 for significant achievements in professional activities, many years of diligent work was awarded the Order of Merit III degree.
Glinchuk Galina Ivanovna, head of the group Vinnitsa store of the joint-stock company "Ukrainian Mobile Communications" - by Decree of the President of Ukraine Viktor Yushchenko No. 131/2007 dated February 21, 2007 for a significant personal contribution to the socio-economic and cultural development of the Vinnitsa region, outstanding professional achievements, many years of conscientious work and in connection with the 75th anniversary of the founding of the Vinnitsa region, he was awarded the honorary title "Honored Worker of the Service Sector of Ukraine".
Sergiy Sheyka, Director of the Eastern Territorial Administration of the Joint Stock Company "Ukrainian Mobile Communications", Donetsk - by Decree of the President of Ukraine Viktor Yushchenko No. In connection with the 16th anniversary of Ukraine's independence, the honorary title "Honored Worker of the Service Sector of Ukraine" was awarded.
- История Бориса, как он похудел на 17 кгВ течение многих лет я был полным и неудовлетворенным своим телом
- Ice Universe: iPhone 15 Pro Max получит рекордно тонкие рамки среди современных смартфоновIce Universe: iPhone 15 Pro Max получит рекордно тонкие рамки среди современных смартфонов
- Когда доллар стал мировой валютойДоллар – одна из самых распространенных валют в мире. Он используется для расчетов между странами, в международной торговле и финансовых операциях. Но каким образом доллар стал мировой валютой?
- Giving Up Beer - Alex's Weight Loss StoryАлексей - человек, который раньше не задумывался о своем образе жизни и питании.
- The story of Alexei losing weight without beerАлексей - мужчина в возрасте 35 лет, который ранее не задумывался о своем образе жизни и питании. Он любил проводить время с друзьями в барах, пить пиво и перекусывать фаст-фудом.
- Redmi Note 10 начал получать глобальную версию MIUI 14Redmi Note 10 начал получать глобальную версию MIUI 14
- Coca-Cola remains the leader in sales among sodas in RussiaCoca-Cola осталась в лидерах по продажам в России среди газировок
- German company fined €1.3 million for supplying hydraulic hammer to CrimeaНемецкую компанию оштрафовали на €1,3 млн за поставку гидромолота в Крым
- Raiffeisen предложил схему обмена активов со «Сбером» в России и ЕвропеRaiffeisen предложил схему обмена активов со «Сбером» в России и Европе
- Falter learned about a possible asset swap scheme between Raiffeisen and SberbankFalter узнал о возможной схеме обмена активами между Raiffeisen и Сбером