“You will no longer create your fortune on prices.” Lukashenka commented on price freeze
Alyaksandr Lukashenka spoke about the state regulation of prices during a meeting on bills on the National Assembly and the electoral system. In his opinion, businessmen and directors of state-owned enterprises have accumulated too much "fat", according to his press service.
- Yesterday I warned the First Deputy Prime Minister (Nikolai Snopkov. - Ed.), who is responsible for this with his head. Everyone was given the task of developing measures to control and regulate prices. I want you to hear it. We must work out measures to control pricing. As for freezing prices, it was up to October 20 or until the government decree comes into force. I repeat once again: there was no talk of a total, forever freezing of prices. If someone didn't hear it. It was about the fact that they had accumulated so much "fat", and you will not convince me that it is not there. This applies to everyone: businessmen, entrepreneurs, and leaders of the state form, Lukashenka believes.
He recalled the surge in inflation in February this year. Then the government considered that this was a temporary increase in prices. However, when they continued to grow, timely measures were not taken, as a result, inflation doubled, Lukashenka believes.
- What else does? Therefore, as an earthly person, I understand this perfectly. And my decision - until today not to touch prices, not even touch them with my hand - was thought out and justified. Tell me who has collapsed before today? Nobody collapsed. Someone got scared. Because you will no longer create your fortune on prices. Applies to everyone: manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers. But this does not mean that prices have stopped and tomorrow they will not rise. Now, if we stupidly freeze them, then indeed, first of all, for coffee, bananas, and for something else, in the first approximation, prices will rise, because it does not depend on us. We buy them. But for us it is not a big fear. If you love coffee, please drink. If coffee has risen in price - well, excuse me, I can offer milk, tea. I don’t drink coffee and I’m alive and well,” he said.
According to him, the prices of imported goods will also be controlled. At least that's the task set by the government.
- There can be no bonuses in import trade at all. What does it mean “We will take the goods from you and put them on this shelf if you pay us something?”. Give me a bribe! God bless you. There should be no bonuses either for imports or for our goods,” Lukashenka warned.
Lukashenka is concerned about the injustice in the salaries of directors of state and private forms of ownership
- The concept of control and regulation of prices (regulation, if possible and necessary) should be based on ... What, Nikolai Gennadievich? Alexander Lukashenko asked the First Deputy Prime Minister.
- Cost price, - answered Nikolay Snopkov.
- There must be justice, not the cost price! Half a day I hammered into your head yesterday, you immediately answered me: justice. Today - the cost price, - Lukashenka was indignant.
- I'm already in the economy ... - Snopkov tried to answer.
- Yes Yes. Only in economics there is no such thing as justice. I said yesterday that there is no such category. But justice must always be present in people's lives, in people's heads,” Lukashenka stressed. - And the cost price ... You are right in the sense that if you want to be richer, reduce the cost price. But it must be fair. You won't convince me of anything.
He recalled salaries in the field of trade: some company owners earn about 90-100 thousand dollars a month, "sitting in Italy." At the same time, cashiers and salespeople in their stores actually earn 270 times less.
- What can be beliefs and conversations? Where is this justice? Why such a gap? Lukashenka asked. He recalled that at state-owned enterprises, the salaries of managers have a ceiling: it cannot exceed more than 6 times the average salary in the enterprise.
- Okay, 6 times the average salary. And here in 200 times! Lukashenka was outraged.
“They issued bonuses from profits, not wages,” Nikolai Snopkov explained.
Lukashenka recalled how things were at the state farm, where he was the director: his name was on the general list, and everyone saw how much he earns
- “What, today the directors are beggars? They live no worse. At state enterprises. And in private enterprises, you see what is happening. Therefore, the basis must be fairness. If you and the governors decide that prices need to be moved up, at least by 10 times, so that these goods are on the shelves. Move, but I will know that Snopkov and the governor are responsible for this. Today we do not control this process at all. We walk in a crowd: deputies, trade unions, the State Control Committee. No need to go in crowds, you need to work out a system. And if you need to raise the price somewhere, this is an exceptional case. Let's go up," he said.
Lukashenka: "burghers" from abroad turn sellers against the authorities
- I see terrible pressure on you, first of all, but they have already begun to come out to me: “Ah, they put the economy on pause.” Which economy is on pause? I'll put you on pause later. It should be clear: you came to trade to work - work, welcome. We helped you, we gave you land, we gave you loans to build enterprises, you hired people, you are primarily responsible for them. Please work. The rules are like this. We do not drive you into losses, because it is to our detriment. But if you don’t understand the requirements of the state, boy, then we are not with you,” Lukashenka explained.
He believes that representatives of the trade sector are actually executive people and clearly carry out all instructions.
- And if it's bad there, it depends on us, so we disbanded them. So the commands are wrong. These already "burghers" from abroad call, give the command: "You look here, it's there that the president made not such decisions." They are already starting to set up ordinary sellers against the authorities. The authorities have received the appropriate commands. I emphasize once again: we are not talking about freezing (prices. - Approx. ed.) and sitting with your hands clasped, and then nodding at someone. No. We must take this under control,” he set the task for Snopkov.
At the same time, he also recalled cases when an ordinary product is presented under the guise of a new one, raising its price several times: “A new product means new consumer qualities.”
- And then, you see, they howled: “The wrong decision has been made!” There can be no retreat. But God forbid, some kind of scanty, incomprehensible, slipshod decision will be made. In the government, you are primarily responsible for this. Whatever you write to governors, deputies, trade unions and senators, that will be it,” Alexander Lukashenko warned First Deputy Prime Minister Nikolai Snopkov.
State regulation or "price freeze"
Recall that on October 6, at a meeting on economic issues, Alexander Lukashenko announced a ban on raising any prices in the country. On the same day, he instructed the government to approve a new procedure for their regulation by October 20. Responsible appointed the Chairman of the Council of the Republic Natalia Kochanova.
After the ban on price increases, the State Audit Office announced large-scale raids on shops and a tough response, including criminal cases. The raids were joined not only by representatives of the KGC, but also by trade unions and deputies. After that, dozens of criminal cases were opened for raising prices.
A new price regulation document was to be developed by October 20. The document was ready and adopted by the government on 19 October.
- Basic principles of the new price regulation:
- manufacturers agree selling prices with government agencies;
- allowances for importers and trade are limited regardless of the number of intermediaries;
- barter is carried out only with the permission of the authorities;
any bonuses for the promotion of domestic products are prohibited.
Read in full: https://news.zerkalo.io/economics/24393.html?c
- Кадыров назвал санкции против его матери пренебрежением нормами этикиКадыров назвал санкции против его матери пренебрежением нормами этики
- Кремль объяснил, почему Путин не говорил о санкциях с Шольцем и МакрономКремль объяснил, почему Путин не говорил о санкциях с Шольцем и Макроном
- МИД России назвал условие для вступления западных стран в БРИКСМИД России назвал условие для вступления западных стран в БРИКС
- Поставки леса в Китай с Северо-Запада стали вдвое дешевле, чем из СибириПоставки леса в Китай с Северо-Запада стали вдвое дешевле, чем из Сибири
- Embraer заявила, что прекратила обслуживать самолет Пригожина в 2019 годуEmbraer заявила, что прекратила обслуживать самолет Пригожина в 2019 году
- Премьер Эстонии объяснила, почему компания ее мужа работает с РоссиейПремьер Эстонии объяснила, почему компания ее мужа работает с Россией
- Власти обсудили порог вложений для обмена активами с иностранцамиВласти обсудили порог вложений для обмена активами с иностранцами